16 May 2017

Layout by Nicole Doiron - Sketch #306


Hello!  Nicole here, and it's my turn to showcase my take on sketch #306! 

It's a bittersweet post as it's my last post on the Creative Scrappers blog
as my term on the DT is up.  What a wonderful time I've had creating 
with Kristine's fabulous sketches and alongside an amazing group of ladies!

Here's a reminder of sketch #306:



... and here is my take:



I wanted to go bright and happy for this layout, in celebration of Spring 
which is finally here, and which means that Summer is just around the corner!  


Using a combination of ScrapBerry's Tropics and Mediterranean Dreams collections, 
I was able to create a very fun 'citrus-y layout to go along with this picture of me 
taken 12 years ago on an orange/grapefruit-picking excursion in Orlando, Florida.


I found that the rectangle shapes on the sketch allowed me to play
with different patterned papers and were perfect to do some handmade stitching.


Life is good & sweet, indeed!


I hope I have inspired you to take part in the May challenge
and share with us your take on Creative Scrappers' sketch #306!

Remember to join Creative Scrappers on Instagram @CreativeScrappers
using #creatingwithsketches to show us your creation.

To see more of my creations, visit my blog at: http://scrap-utopia.blogspot.com

A huge THANK YOU to Kristine for letting me part of this fabulous DT!

See you around!  - Nicole :)

1 comment: